For Your Visit
Thank you for choosing Boston Endoscopy Center. To schedule or cancel a procedure, please call us at (617) 936-7693. To request an appointment, please contact your doctor’s office directly. To find your physician’s contact information, click here.
Before Your Procedure
Follow your physician’s instructions for the procedure prep the day before your procedure. Please check with your doctor regarding routine medications. Check with your doctor if you are having your procedure in the afternoon. A nurse from the Boston Endoscopy Center will make a pre-procedure phone call to you.
- If you develop a fever or an illness, immediately contact your doctor.
- A family member or friend is required to drive you to and from the Boston Endoscopy Center.
- YOU MAY NOT DRIVE AFTER YOUR PROCEDURE.
- Take a bath or shower prior to arriving at the center.
- Wear loose fitting, casual clothing.
- Leave all valuables at home.
After Your Procedure
You will remain in the recovery room until you are fully awake and can walk without assistance. Your blood pressure, pulse and breathing will be checked frequently.
When you are discharged, specific instructions will be sent home with you. It is important to follow these instructions. During the next day or two after the procedure a Boston Endoscopy Center nurse will call you to check on your progress.
The First 24 Hours After Your Procedure
- You must follow your doctor’s post-discharge or home care instructions concerning your recovery.
- Do not drive or operate machinery or sign legal documents.
- Do not drink alcoholic beverages.
If you have any questions about your procedure call your physician or the Boston Endoscopy Center for details.